Backup question

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Thu Dec 10 02:58:50 EST 2009

John W. Moore III wrote:

> S/He needs to login as Root and then locate ~/.purple  [~ = Home]

That assumes he is running pidgin as root, or worse that the platform on
which he is running doesn't encourage the creation of unprivileged
users.  "Root" should be "root".

Also, it assumes that his GUI tools understand the ~ convention.
I think it is fairly clear from the question that he is only using the
system via the GUI.  I find it difficult to believe that a command line
user would not know about home directories and . files.

--
David Woolley