Need info to debug issue with ISP

Paul Aurich darkrain42 at pidgin.im
Tue Dec 15 18:06:05 EST 2009

And Moshe Cohen spoke on 12/15/2009 12:52 PM, saying:
> I have a problem with my ISP (does not happen when I connect via a
> different ISP) where Pidgin fails to connect to Google, but Google's own
> "Google Talk" Windows client is successful.
>
> What is the difference between the way the GoogleTalk  Windows client
> connects to the way Pidgin (on Windows) behaves when connecting to Google?

The Google Talk client contains a number of fallbacks for different
situations, including using 'talk.google.com' (instead of relying on SRV
records. See [1] for details) and falling back to a connection on port 443
if others don't work.

Please attach the output of the Help->Debug Window from a connection
attempt, which should have enough information to indicate why Pidgin can't
connect.

~Paul

[1]
http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/Protocol%20Specific%20Questions#WhycantIlogontomyGoogleTalkGoogleAppsaccountanymore