Random IMs

Briana Giuliano bgiuliano03 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 2 14:59:07 EST 2009

Hi,
I love Pidgin and do not wish to go back to the regular AIM. However, twice I have received IMs from screenames I do not know of.  The first occurred sometime in the fall with the SN of ApocalypticFatex and the conversation went as follows:
 (9:25:31 PM) ApocalypticFatex: whore
(9:26:19 PM) Me: what?
(9:26:19 PM) Unable to send message: Refused by client

That occurred twice. Once again today another odd SN contacted me with the SN of Ximasuperstarrr

 (8:00:33 PM) Ximasuperstarrr: choose never you whore
(8:00:33 PM) Me <AUTO-REPLY>: trying to book a flight to portugal but forgot which return time i was supposed to choose. thanks memory!
(8:00:45 PM) Ximasuperstarrr: and STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM MY MAN
(8:00:57 PM) Me: who is this?
(8:01:17 PM) Ximasuperstarrr: HE'S MINE SO STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM HIM YOU CUM GUZZLING WHORE

Have no idea how these people got my SN or have any idea of what these freaks are talking about.  I was wondering if they happen to be AIMbots or something.  I haven't had AIM for quite some time, but I liked how at least when I received an IM from an unknown person it asked beforehand.  I am very concerned about my privacy especially on the internet, the only site that shows my SN is Couchsurfers and that page is blocked so other viewers can't see.  I have blocked both of these SNs, but I became more concerned since it happened again.  Any help with this will be appreciated.

Thank-you,
Briana Giuliano