Google chat

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Mon Feb 2 17:48:29 EST 2009

Cabe, Tracy spake unto us the following wisdom:
> I am trying to add Google talk to my Pidgin account and it seems to keep
> defaulting to XMPP in the protocol drop down instead of staying Google.
> Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

Google Talk uses an open protocol called XMPP.  You're fine, what
you're seeing is what is supposed to happen.  Simply select Google
Talk, then enter your gmail login name (the part before the
@gmail.com) into the username entry and you'll be set!

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.