Default protocol for contacts with more than one account?

Marcel Schulte schulte.marcel at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 4 06:52:17 EST 2009

Hi,

I have many buddies with more than one account (e.g. ICQ and MSN). I grouped
these buddy's accounts together so I do not have to watch which account is
online when I want to send a message or chat - Pidgin automatically chooses
an online account for the buddy.

But what if  more than one (or all) account is online? Do I have a chance to
configure a "default" protocol for the buddy (e.g. "if ICQ is online always
use ICQ") or to prioritize the buddy's protocols? Maybe as global setting in
Pidgin if not seperately on a per body basis?

Many thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Marcel