When I press ENTER it does not send text

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Thu Feb 5 11:50:40 EST 2009

Alan Hensley spake unto us the following wisdom:
> No Sir.  I can hit Enter all day and it will on send the text message
> I typed.  Again, UNLESS it is a private chat message.

It sounds to me like you have inadvertently bound Enter to a menu item
in one of your chat window menus.  Look through the menus and see if
Enter (or perhaps Return) is listed out to the right where the
accelerator keys are shown.  If so, hover your mouse over that menu
item (so it is hilighted) and press the backspace key.

This really shouldn't be able to happen, though so maybe it's not what
is going on...  (I believe Enter would activate the item, not become
its binding.)

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.