pidgin question

Michael Pobega pobega at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 09:39:57 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 09:35:13PM -0500, Luke Schierer wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 03:53:46PM -0800, Schleifer, Aaron wrote:
> > Hi Luke,
> >
> > I am using pidgin and sometimes when I add a buddy it is fine, often
> > though I add them and it says they are "not on the server list".
> >
> > Do you know what I'm doing wrong?
> >

> Is this with Yahoo or MSN? Or is it with Jabber, Google Talk, or
> another XMPP account?
>
> Luke

I'm going to guess that it's with XMPP transports; I used to have this
happen all the time. The solution is to use a plain Jabber program to
add transport users to your buddy list (Gajim, for example) and then log
back into Pidgin (it's what I had to do about a year ago, though it may
have been fixed right now -- if so, disregard this message)

--
		  http://pobega.wordpress.com
		    http://identica/pobega