Issues with AIM on Pidgin

Nicholas E. Grego ngrego at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Feb 23 03:14:52 EST 2009

Hello, I am a new user of the Pidgin IM program.  I first utilized your program with flying colors.  However, after a few days, my AIM account would not sign into its appropriate server (saying it timed out the connection).  My Yahoo account still worked however.

Since then I posted a troubleshoot ticket and have utilized your real-time chat.  As of yet, my issue has still not been resolved.  With a little help of the chat I learned that my Windows firewall was not affecting the program.  Also that my Symantec AV program may also not be responsible, as I believed to shut off its auto-detections and the connection still failed.

I was simply wondering if I could get some assistance on this issue.  I do not consider myself very knowledgeable when it comes to networking and such.  So I would greatly appreciate a simple step method to resolving the issue, if a solutions exists.

Thank you very much,
Nick G.