Password Not Recognized and NickServ Resets Nickname

Phil Hannent phil at hannent.co.uk
Sat Jan 10 03:19:14 EST 2009

Robert A. Stallings wrote:
> My own nickname gets reset!!! My password (Carole45) is denied access!!!
> It's a vicious circle.  I'm ready to give up on Pidgin.
Never post a password to a public email list.

What version of Pidgin are you using?
Which Operating system are you using?
Which protocol are you trying to connect to?
When you say that your nickname is reset, what do you mean?  Is your
account lost?  Is your password to your account not saved?

A password denied access error could be due to the username not being
correct.

Regards
Phil Hannent