Pidgin upgrading on linux

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Sun Jan 18 04:53:33 EST 2009

On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 11:47:58 +0530
"Vinoth T" <tcvinoth at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm using pidgin 2.4.1-2.fc9 (comes as default s/w in the OS itself) on
> fedora 9.
> Here I'd like to know what is the latest version of pidgin for Linux?, How i
> can upgrade my pidgin in on Linux?
> by on line update or reinstall? thanks in advance!!

Pidgin packages are in the Fedora repository, you should get them when
you run the Update System tool via System->Administration from the
desktop (assuming you use GNOME that is).

The repository you need is fedora-updates-newkey, it should be
configured by default.

--

Brian Morrison

   "Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud;
    after a while you realize you are muddy and the pig is enjoying it."