[Fwd: Re: Pidgin does not support regional characters.]

Ka-Hing Cheung khc at pidgin.im
Sun Jan 18 16:33:48 EST 2009

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 08:37:49AM +0100, Jan Malchárek wrote:
> I've used default CP1250 and also tried UTF-8, CP1251.

Do you know what encoding the other side is using? I believe
characters like ěščřžýáíé are in one of the ISO-8859-* familes, with *
being 1-5, but I was being told that no one encoding has all of
them. Except, of course, UTF-8 or other unicode encodings. You can try
one of the ISO-8859-* encodings, or tell your friends to switch to a
UTF-8 capable client.

-khc