getting rid of an unwanted, unsolicited buddy

Evan Platt evan at espphotography.com
Thu Jan 22 16:27:34 EST 2009

Is this in ICQ? I had that problem - I had to quit Pidgin, load the
official ICQ client, remove him from the buddy list, quit ICQ, I then
reloaded the ICQ official client (to make sure he was gone), then
quit ICQ, then reopened Pidgin.

There are some AIM "Buddies" that are bots that I'm not sure if you
can remove, but there's about a dozen of those, not just one.