Buddies list empty after restart

Jim Whalen jwhalen at pass-port.com
Mon Jan 26 15:59:12 EST 2009

Hello,

I am having an issue with Pidgin and can not figure out what is wrong. I
am using Pidgin 2.5.4 and running on Win XP with latest updates.

I had AIM installed on a desktop computer and when I found Pidgin I
decided to install Pidgin on my laptop and remove AIM on my desktop.
When I installed Pidgin on my laptop and I created an account using my
AIM account it recognized all my Buddies and all seemed to be fine. I
installed Pidgin to auto start, (added to start menu), and told it to
remember my password. When I restart my computer my buddy list is empty,
all I see is my group headings. I have to disable the account and enable
it to get my buddies to show up again.

Please tell me how to fix this.

Thanks in advance,
--

James F. Whalen II
Senior Application Developer

Email: jwhalen at pass-port.com
may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy
this message, delete any copies held on your systems and notify the
sender immediately. You should not retain, copy or use this email for
any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of its content to any other
person.