Simpler update (Windows)

David Balazic David.Balazic at hermes-softlab.com
Wed Jul 8 05:09:23 EDT 2009

daniel.atallah at gmail.com wrote:

> 2009/7/7 David Balazic <David.Balazic at hermes-softlab.com>:
> > Can you please make a simpler update procedure for us poor
> Windows users ?
> >
> > For example the first page of the install wizard could have
> this part
> > if Pidgin is already installed:
> >
> > Detected already instaled Pidgim version x.y.z.
> > Click the "Update" button to update to version u.w.v
> > without being asked X questions that you already answered N times.
> > [ Update ]
>
> You're talking about 1 additional click (to confirm the selected items
> - which are defaulted from the last installation), right?
>
> If not, which questions are you talking about?

1.) click next ("Welcome...")
2.) agree to license
3.) components selection
4.) Destination folder selection
5.) Confirming the completion
6.) Confirming "finishation" (with the option to run)

I suggest the following for an update scenario:

1.) click "Update" (option to start Pidgin after install)
(2.) Optionally click "OK" on a message after installation is finished)

So I am talking about 5 additional clicks.

Regards,
David