Pidgin window shoving my desktop around?

Bill W bill0287 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 8 10:29:33 EDT 2009

For some reason, pidgin is now shoving my desktop to the side (it sits on the left) every time I open the window - it did not always do that, it seems to have started recently.  It used to float on the desktop like a normal window.

I also noticed that I can't re-size the window vertically anymore, when I used to be able to do that as well. There doesn't seem to be anything in the preferences to control this.

I tried installing 2.5.8, but no help. I am using XP SP3.