unable to log into Pidgin

John Moore 3rd jmoore3rd at Gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 13:00:44 EDT 2009

Parker, Kimberly C wrote:
> I have downloaded the new version of pidgin to my computer and can not
> log in.

Since Pidgin doesn't require it's own Login procedure I must assume You
are referring to being able to Sign-in/Login to the individual
Messenger/Talk Services You have previously configured.  Are You
referring to all of them or to a specific Messenger Service, such as
Yahoo, MSN, GTalk, etc.?

If it is indeed every Service You have previously configured then I
suggest You check Your accounts.xml file and determine if it has been
'hosed/trashed/altered'. [if it has been reduced to 0bytes it has :( ]
Guessing that You are using an M$ O/S [XP] it can be located in
C:\%AppData%\.purple.  I strongly recommend that this file be backed up
to a Safe location on a regular basis.

If Your issue is something else then I encourage You to please be more
specific.

JOHN ;)
Timestamp: Monday 13 Jul 2009, 13:00  --400 (Eastern Daylight Time)