New problem

Paul Aurich paul at darkrain42.org
Tue Jul 14 13:28:43 EDT 2009

And Kay Hall spoke on 07/14/2009 09:36 AM, saying:
> I don't get any error messages, it just shut down when somebody
> replieds or send me a message not when I send one out. When I reopen
> my IM there message will be there, I just don't get any error messages.

So Pidgin itself is completely disappearing? Upgrade to Pidgin 2.5.8,
the most recent release, and then, if the problem persists, follow the
instructions at http://pidgin.im/gdb.php to get a backtrace.

> The Debug Window Has the following:
> (10:16:00) util: Writing file prefs.xml to directory/root/.purple
> (10:16:00) util: Writing file/root/.purple/prefs.xml
>
> My setting is:
>
> Pager Server   cn.scs.msg.yahoo.com
> Japan Server    cs.yahoo.co.jp
> Filetransfer      filetransfer.msg.yahoo.com
> Japan Trasfer   filetransfer.msg.yahoo.co.jp
> file transfer port    80
> Encoding            ISO-8859-1
> Proxy Type       Use Global Proxy Setting
>
> This is what my Help Menu says and it Pudgin 2.5.2

You need to upgrade to Pidgin 2.5.8, which contains critical fixes to
update Pidgin to use a new Yahoo authentication method. Once done, read
http://tinyurl.com/pidgin-yahoo for more information (in particular, you
need to change the Pager Server).

<snipped Help->About window output/>

> Kay Hall