Using Pidgin with AIM - Not secure and Status not read correctly

Kamal Patel kamalpatel12448 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 14:03:27 EDT 2009

Hi Folks,

I'm using Pidgin, very happily for some time.  Accounts set up using MSN,
GoogleTalk, Sametime and now something new; WebEx Connect which is basically
AIM/AOL (new Cisco development, yes I work for Cisco, but am not in the
development side of the business).  I can set up an connect just fine but
other users complain about two things to me....

1.  The connection is reported to be insecure even though it is using
SSL/port 443
2.  My status is Unavailable (Red) therefore my status is not being read
correctly

Thoughts ideas, input welcome.

Thanks,
Kamal