irc and PvPGN

GustavoRey hatzaia at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 21:13:31 EDT 2009

hi,
sorry about the previous messages (WLM would not send them in iceweasel)

I'm trying to use icq on a PvPGN server(1.8.1) with pidgin (2.5.8 in debian)

I get it to connect and join a channel
but I cannot send a message inside the channel unless using

/msg username message

I get the error "The nickname or channels does not exist"
(actually it is in spanish "No existe el apodo o canal")
ther is no error shown in the debug window

in the PvPGN server log:

Jul 18 00:01:33 [debug] handle_irc_line: [7] got "" "PRIVMSG" ["" "#brood"] "pidgin test"

using xchat (2.8.6) i works fine
in the PvPGN log:

Jul 18 00:05:50 [debug] handle_irc_line: [7] got "" "PRIVMSG" ["#brood"] "xchat test"

so the extra "" when the message is not explicitly sent to one user seem to be the problem

Also I cannot receive messages from inside the PvPGN server unless whispered to me
pidgin debug windows says

(21:54:12) irc: Got a PRIVMSG on #brood, which does not exist

in the PvPGN log

Jul 18 00:13:10 [debug] irc_message_postformat: sent ":prueba!SEXP at 10.0.0.6 PRIVMSG #brood :message
from the server

(where prueba is the username)
the channel does exist, i'm logged in and i even have it on my buddy list
this also works on xchat

I tried to be as clear as I could (and I had to write it twice)(and finally paste it once)
I don't know if you need more information
I would apreciate any help, thanks