Pidgen - Enhancement / Improvement

Gordon Stewart gordonisnz at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 04:59:33 EDT 2009

Hi,

I like pidgin, except I have a suggestion I want to make :-

:- When people  talk with me directly, the Pidgin icon in the tray
flashes, so i can see when someone talks...

:- I am usually in a chat room, with only a few selected people, it
may be HOURS of silent, & then someone speaks..

However Pidgin doesn't let me know...

Suggestion :-  can Pidgin be improved to allow an ON/OFF setting 'per
conference room' - So we can know when someone speaks.

But - If we are in another room with 50+, 100+ people - we can turn it
off - So as to not be distracted...

Is this planned for - Or can it be added to the wish list ?

I am currently using 2.5.8

Freecycle Auckland :-
http://www.freecycle.org/