Changing font?

Tom Hall tom at hallserver1.com
Fri Jul 24 14:27:02 EDT 2009

On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 04:16:22PM -0500, alanna n wrote:

> I was using Pidgin on my old computer and was able to change the font on it.
> Now I've downloaded it on my new computer and I can't seem to find anywhere
> to change the font style. I looked in the FAQs and it just gave coding. I
> know before I simply just chose a font somewhere. Did this change or am I
> just completely missing something?
> -Alanna

I think I'm having a similar issue.

I'm using the Windows 2.5.8 version, and while chatting with AIM people they
complain that my font is large and bold.

I've tried the FAQs, found .purple, edited .gtkrc-2.0 file, global,
per-user, pidgin-specific... but nothing seems to have any effect.

Is AIM one of "those protocols which support [outgoing message] formatting" ?

- Tom