Characterset problem (with screenshot)

Иван giperivan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 06:35:01 EDT 2009

Hi there.

Probably this issue is already solved, then give me links to solution,
please.
I get messages with bad characters from some ICQ-buddies (see
screenshot, it's in Russian). Some times I get good on-line messages,
but bad off-line messages from the same user. Charset is often broken in
user info window - I can't read the name or location of user for
example. Probably it's some kind of utf-8 problem.
So how can I fix this problem? Any recommendations?

P.S. How can I search users in my contact-list? Is there any feature
like that in pidgin?

--
Regards,
   Ivan                 mail to: somerussian at gmail.com