using BNC with IRC

Dakota Bird dakota316 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 11:06:29 EDT 2009

Hi, I'm new to IRC with pidgin, and pretty new to irc in general. I'm trying
ot use a BNC by entering a command using...

/server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx pppp username:bncCode

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx=ip address

pppp=port number

pidgin returns an "unknown command" message from the global window. I know
this code works in mirc, is there a way to use it in pidgin?

I'm using version 2.5.2 on Windows Vista ultimate x86 SP1

I hope I've provided the proper info, and I'm sorry I don't have a good
working knowledge of IRC, but I love how easy pidgin makes it, so I really
don't wanna go back to mirc.

Thanks