Problem With XMPP Connection

Jeff Smith jeffsmith at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 09:11:37 EDT 2009

I am having trouble connecting to a local XMPP server.  Others can connect
with Pidgin, but I can not, and our settings are the same.  Also, I can
connect to the server using another app (Pandion), so I know a connection
from my machine is possible.  Pidgin displays "disconnected" and "Read
Error" when the connection fails.  I've installed the debug release (2.5.8)
and examined the log file, and there is one parse error early on, followed
by multiple attempts to connect (DIGEST-MD5 PLAIN ANONYMOUS CRAM-MD5) all
which are met with not-authorized.  However, I created the account on the
server with Pidgin and I had it remember the password, so I know the
password is correct.

I've attached the log file.  Any help and/or suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.  Thanks.

-- Jeff Smith