Read Error when connecting to XMPP

Temples, Christopher S Mr CIV USN christopher.temples at us.army.mil
Wed Jul 29 12:54:09 EDT 2009

Hello,
Yesterday when I went to log in to the DCO XMPP server using  Pidgin. I
am unable to connect to the server. I receive a "Read Error" When I
looked at the log in pidgin I noticed that I did receive my buddy list
and was able to set my status, but that shortly after that it said the
connection was terminated by the server. I can attach the logs if
necessary. I have been successfully using Pidgin for several months with
no issues until recently. There are several other people in my same
building that are successfully using Pidgin. I have tried removing and
adding the account in Pidgin. I am using the correct password and user
name as I can login to the website using the same information. I have
tried a second client (Digsby) and it was able to "connect" but shortly
after it would flash my buddy list then get disconnected. This would
happen until I told it to stop connecting. I have attached the logs from
pidgin.

Thank you for any help you can provide.  I apologize if this is the
wrong way to do this.

Christopher