Required Assistance - Pidgin

Paul Aurich darkrain42 at pidgin.im
Thu Jul 30 20:11:28 EDT 2009

And Praveen Basavaraju spoke on 07/30/2009 04:36 PM, saying:
> Hi,
>
> I am sorry if being foolish. I browsed through Wikipedia for SRV record
> and I understand that it has to do with some settings.
>
> Can you let me know If I have to inform Google to set it up for us or
> can we also set it up?
>
> Regards,
> Praveen

http://www.meebo.com/support/article/41/#can_i_log_into_google_talk_using_my_google_apps_domain
is an extremely good resource (the blog URL linked from there is 404, which
I just reported to Meebo, but the Google article also contains instructions.)

>From the Google article:
"If you require assistance making these changes in your domain host
account, we suggest contacting your domain host. Since each domain host has
different DNS instructions, Google does not provide support for SRV
records. Not all domain hosts offer SRV record modification. "

~Paul