Can we?

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Fri Jul 31 15:01:28 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 11:45 AM, zeusoft<admin at zeusoft.net> wrote:
> Can we place Pidgin on our cd(OpenCD)?The CD will be free to download and
> free to use and modify,the only thing needed to be payed is CD shiping via
> airmail,and the CD is urrently in development.

Yeah that should be totally fine.  Pidgin is licensed under the GPL,
and is therefore free to distribute.  If you make any modifications
you're obligated to offer the source code to those modifications to
anyone who you've offered the binary.

Is this the same OpenCD project that wikipedia says is defunct?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenCD

-Mark