Unable to connect to MyspaceIM via Pidgin 2.5.6; connection times out.

Geoff Ellingwood neppyman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 21:09:22 EDT 2009

As requested, prior to sending this to the mailing list, I did poke around
to see if I could find any existing tickets about this issue.  The closest I
could find was http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/8764, but this appears to
be a separate (although perhaps similar) issue.

I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate x64 and Pidgin 2.5.6.  I have attempted to
add my Myspace account to Pidgin.  I have confirmed that I have the username
and password correct by logging into the actual Myspace webpage.  However,
once the account is enabled, it simply sits at "Connecting", and neither
connects nor offers a timeout with any kind of error message.

I'd love to get this sorted out, although it's not a high priority for me.
Anything I can do to help track this down, please let me know.

-- Geoff