Pidgin Support - Please Help Out Here.

Daniel Atallah datallah at pidgin.im
Fri Jun 5 08:26:28 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 3:30 AM, Garry Cole in Taiwan
<colegg at ms2.hinet.net> wrote:
> Look, I'm just asking right here & now if you or someone there can please
> make a zip or rar of the latest Pidgin & send to me, cause my current
> version 295 is telling me an update is ready & asks if I want to download -
> but security settings on firewall, antivirus & whatever else (yes, multiple
> security things) won't allow me to download executable files & I'm happy
> with that security feature .. just like Google Mail won't allow the passing
> of exe files & some others through their email servers.  Hence, without
> going to lost of bother, I can't get the latest.

Your "security" settings aren't really reasonable - being unable to
download executables at all isn't really a security solution (as you
can see here - it prevents you from being able to apply security
related changes).

At any rate, there is a win32 binary zip file available from the
sourceforge downloads section (http://sf.net/projects/pidgin) where
all our downloads are hosted.

-D