How to get IM window to stay put

Mark Gehres pidgin at gehres.org
Sun Jun 7 02:31:46 EDT 2009

Is there any way to get the IM window to stay put?  IE same position on the
same desktop.

I use 20 desktops on my Gnome system.  I like to keep all my IM windows on 1
desktop.  But everytime someone talks, the IM window moves to the desktop I
am on.  GAIM would stay put and so would the 2.5.2 version of Pidgin.  Since
then it keeps moving.  If I roll it up, when it opens it will not even stay
in the same position of the desktop.

I would appreciate if anyone has any clues on this.

PS, it acts the same on KDE as on Gnome.

--
Mark Gehres <><
pidgin at gehres.org