protocols not loading

Daniel Atallah datallah at pidgin.im
Tue Jun 16 08:39:36 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 8:17 AM, evanescent<coolnuwan at gmail.com> wrote:
> No. I did not install. because i need to do some customizations to pidgin.
> Actually im trying to develop a plugin for pidgin.
> So for the easy of testing and log tracing  i need to run it from the build.
>
> But I think executing directly from source also should work.
> I think  I am missing something. But I dnt have any clue about those as I am
> new to these all(ubuntu plus c).

You need to install it for it to work - it is looking for all the
plugins in a specific location that is defined at compile time.  (It
is also using your system libpurple instead of the compiled version
when you do this)

If you don't want to install it globally on you system, use `configure
--prefix=/path/to/alternate/location`.

-D