unsubscribe

Janine Starykowicz jrstark at barntowire.com
Sun Jun 21 00:31:42 EDT 2009

John Moore 3rd wrote:
> Matt Wyckoff wrote:
>
>> Well I signed up for this list because the problem I was having was not
>> in the FAQ's, now I am trying to unsubscribe from this list but I find
>> no mail with my username and I don't remember it.  So I can't change my
>> password or log in to the pidgin site.  Because the username is required
>> for either action.
>>

> Perhaps this is an instance where a Filter directing list email to Your
> junk/delete folder is in order?
>
> JOHN ;)
> Timestamp: Saturday 20 Jun 2009, 23:24  --400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

NOT a good answer but it could be a temporary fix.  I have never tried
to un-sub here, but isn't there an option to get your user name and
password mailed to you?  And if not, why not?

It is very frustrating to not be able to un-sub from a list, especially
when there are lots of posts you aren't interested in.  This is one way
to get on spam lists.  I apparently am on one due to a shared mail
server, because I have a non-yahoo support post that has never shown up
and is probably sitting in the spam folder (hi moderators!).

Matt did the right thing, especially using said subject line, because
many mailing lists will route posts with this word to the moderators.
And gmail does count junk/trash against your quota from what I have seen.

Matt, have you tried emailing lschiere at pidgin.im, mark at
kingant.net, seanegan at pidgin.im?

Oh and moderators, I'm not a programmer but I do moderate various lists
so if you're looking for volunteers let me know...

Janine