Lost Gaim Password

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Tue Jun 23 00:29:06 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 11:19 AM, Ka-Hing Cheung<khc at pidgin.im> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 04, 2009 at 04:18:22PM -0400, Sara Holt wrote:
>> Hi.  I have been using Gaim since 2004.  I have had my computer auto log me
>> on.  But now I am going to switch computers and I do not  remember my
>> password.  How can I recover it or set a new one?  My username is nox4210.
>
> You will need to look on the websites of the IM services that you use to
> recover your password.

Or you could look in your accounts.xml.  You can find this file in
Pidgin's configuration directory.

On GNU/Linux, the configuration directory is: "${HOME}/.purple", which
is generally /home/USERNAME/.purple

On Windows, the configuration directory is: "%userprofile%\Application
Data\.purple", which is generally C:\Documents and
Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\.purple (Windows 2K/XP) or
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\.purple (Windows Vista), and
Application Data or AppData is a hidden directory.

-Mark