RHEL5 doesn't upgrade to Pidgin 2.5.7

Gregory B. Cook cookgb at wfu.edu
Tue Jun 23 11:03:27 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to get the new version of Pidgin that fixes Yahoo.  I have
downloaded the pidgin.repo file for CentOS/RHEL 5 and placed it in
/etc/yum.repos.d with the correct permissions (644).  When I run
"yum install pidgin" (as root via sudo) it installs version 2.5.5.  I
think this is the current version on the RedHat servers.  It seems to be
ignoring the updates on the pidgin repositories.  I've tried to use the
--disablerepo command to bypass the RH repositories, but I can't seem to
get yum to use the pidgin repos.  How can I update to the latest version
of pidgin using yum?

Thanks,
Greg Cook