Finch: questions on development, usage, etc

Daniel finch-im at otherware.org
Tue Jun 23 13:00:46 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm currently trying out finch for the first time. I spent some time
last evening with it, and now I have some questions. I come from using
centerim (http://centerim.org), another console IM client.

1. Is it being actively developed? Are new features being added etc.

2. Are patches actively accepted for it by users?

3. Can I rename a contact in the buddy list? Try as I may, I can't seem
to remember the ICQ UIN's for all my friends :)

4. I'm using osx, and I can't seem to get any of the windows to have
menues as invoked by Ctrl+o. What windows should I expect to have menus?
This is the same for F11.

5. Since I can't get window menues etc, I don't know if this is
possible, but how I can I access the logs for a chat window?

6. To whom, or where can I direct feature requests?

Finch is a really nice console client. I'm looking forward to having
this issues resolved so I can start using it in ernest!

Daniel

--
"Liberty cannot be caged into a charter or handed on ready-made to the next
generation.  Each generation must recreate liberty for its own times.  Whether