Pidgin 2.5.7: Yahoo buddies in list appear signed-in after they sign out

Daniel Wolfe hyalin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 11:45:15 EDT 2009

If I have a Yahoo buddy, Pidgin doesn't seem to recognize their
signout/logoff; in the buddy list and the chat window, they still appear
online. It's not because I've got it set to show offline buddies,
either. The problem resolves itself if I disable my YIM account, then
re-enable it after a few seconds; that clears the list to show my online
buddies only, but it's a temporary fix; once they logoff, they still
remain on my list.

I'm running a fresh install of 2.5.7 on Windows XP.