Problem with Pidgin 2.5.7 and Yahoo

Hazel C hzlcmmng at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 26 08:02:14 EDT 2009

I have a medium, but really annoying, problem with Pidgin and Yahoo.

I've updated my PC so it has all the relevant fixes and updates from Microsoft.

When I sign in all is well but when I go into "Invisible" mode, I'm left with my status as "Available" in Yahoo but it allows me to change my status in all of my other accounts.  Also when someone else is using Yahoo, when they leave a conversation it leaves their status as "Available" too.

The other accounts that I use are @hotmail.com, @hotmail.co.uk and @live.co.uk

Is this something that you need to fix or can you suggest something that I can do in order to fix this?

Thanx and Best Regards

Hazel