upgrading 2.4.0 to 2.5.7 question ...

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Fri Jun 26 18:10:10 EDT 2009

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 14:23:38 -0400
rickbie at gmail.com wrote:

> i wanted to upgrade, but when i install newer version, i lose my
> account info and have to start from scratch, entering all my accounts
> again ... is my account info stored somewhere that i might drag to new
> version folder??

All the Pidgin user data is stored in the C:\Documents and
Settings\<user name>\.purple folder.

However if you updated Pidgin in the standard location and while logged
in as the same user as normal then these settings would have been
preserved. Did you do something different from normal when upgrading?

--

Brian Morrison

   "Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud;
    after a while you realize you are muddy and the pig is enjoying it."