Pidgin 2.5.5 won't display buddies list

retred at cox.net retred at cox.net
Sat Jun 27 12:51:16 EDT 2009

I'm having troubles with Pidgin when trying to connect thru Yahoo IM.  The Buddies List does not display. I am running Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty with Pidgin 2.5.5. I am running Ubuntu 8.10 with Pidgin 2.5.7 on another computer and changed the Pager Server to: scsa.msg.yahoo.com and now it works fine. I made the same changes to this system (Jaunty w/Pidgin 2.5.5) and still cannot display Buddies list.

What changes need to be made to get this to work again? Please advise.

Thanks,
Gary Hayes.