'Not Responding' Pidgin

Jennifer Folan jennyfolan at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 00:40:42 EDT 2009

A friend suggested Pidgin to me during the previous school year - and I have
really liked it ever since I started using it (although I've never been able
to make my spell check work) but about two days ago, it kicked me off and
refused to let me sign in again.  After that, when I tried to log in, it
immediately gives me a half black/half white screen and the top portion says
'not responding.'  Part of the reason I made the switch to Pidgin was
because those who know much better than I do about computers, explained that
it would be far less of a hassle.  Since this has occurred I've tried
deleting the program and starting from scratch three different times.  I
don't understand what's going on.  I'm using an AIM account (iluvyoujenaay)
and it's the only account I've ever used with the program.  I need serious
help - what should I do??

Thanks,
Jennifer Folan