HTTP proxy connection error 503

kranthi kranthi117 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 01:40:09 EDT 2009

i forgot to mention one very important thing... i m working on fedora core
10. i used to get the same error on fedora core 8. after installing fedora
core 10 i problem had been *rectified*. after few days pidgin stopped to
work suddenly(with gtalk). and i m sure that i did not change ny settings in
pidgin

@daniel it is not definitely the port problem. coz many of my friends are
successfully using pidgin for gtalk. and moreover if my proxy is refusing
connections to gtalk server neither official google talk client nor the
official google talk gadget would have worked(which is not the case with me)

@john SSL + Use 'Old SSL' are required by the google talk server. but i as
far as i remember in their help page google dnt say that it is
required.(their used to be a help page earlier donoo y they hav removed
that). ny ways i checked those boxes in advanced tab. no luck.
and for* HTTP/ instead of HTTPS* it is saying *HTTP proxy* error. well ter
is no option for HTTPS proxy

Kranthi.