Pidgin MSN error

Blackwing Dragon blackwingdragon at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 09:17:52 EDT 2009

Good evening.
I have a fairly large msn list, comprised of several hundred people - pidgin
usually shows 200-300 online for obvious reasons.
However, lately, upon launch , it has started displaying an error in my own
language that I can only translate as
"MSN error : The username changes too quickly" .
This is hilarious in that it should not have an effect on anything. Funny
is, further, that I get exactly 5 copies of this window every time. No more,
no less. The exception is when I try to authorize one of my friends, who is
trying to add me. pidgin fails to bring up the window asking me where I want
my friend added - to which group - and shortly or immediately after, adds a
sixth error window of this type. It also does not add my friend - so I'm
forced to suffer through this the next time, as well.

I'm using the latest Pidgin client as of March 14th, Sunday, 2009 - nobody
seems to know what could potentially cause, and fix this.
I hope you do.

-Daniel