usernames with spaces?

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Wed Mar 25 12:53:23 EDT 2009

According to the XMPP standard, spaces are not allowed in XMPP usernames/jids.

Specifically, section A.5 of RFC3920[1] lists table C.1.1 of
RFC3454[2] as "prohibited," and section C.1.1 contains the "space"
character.

-Mark

[1] http://xmpp.org/rfcs/rfc3920.html#nodeprep
[2] http://www.apps.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3454.html#sec-C.1