Pidgin/Facebook/Chrome issue

Janine Starykowicz jrstark at barntowire.com
Sun Mar 29 18:50:01 EDT 2009

I'm using the Facebook plugin for Pidgin, works great, especially since
I switched to Snarl for notifications.  I recently switched to using
Chrome for Facebook because it is so much faster and I don't get any
error popups.  However, when a Facebook contact messages me while I am
viewing a Facebook tab, the message also comes up from the bottom
toolbar.  It goes away when I click the x, but comes back when I or the
other person send a message.  This does not happen in Seamonkey or
Firefox, the little boxes stay minimized to the toolbar.

So, does anyone know how I tell Chrome that I don't want to use it for chat?

Thanks!
Janine