Pidgin crashing when doing finds too much

Monte Christopher Jeu Monte.Jeu at Sun.COM
Tue Mar 31 01:24:52 EDT 2009

Hello all

I use pidgin 2.2.0 which is an older build because this is the last
version that doesn't appear to have this problem. Every version I have
tried after crashes. To reproduce this all you have to do is:

Connect into a chat room (I use yahoo chat)
Let a lot of text accumulate (probably let it sit 3 hours in a busy room)
control-f
Enter some text that will occur often
Run the find many many times

I've never had a problem not having this happen to me. I use the chat
rooms enough and find enough that it happens. Good luck at finding the fix.