Excuse me! I'm a Pidgin user. I have a trouble.

John Bailey rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org
Sun May 3 14:18:45 EDT 2009

小丁 wrote:
> Because my English is low level, sorry for any inconvenient.
>
> I'm fond of your software. But it have little bug.
>
> My O.S.  is win XP & vista
>
> My chat networks is Yahoo and MSN
>
> I found  that pingin transmitting files is too slow (Average speed: 3 KB/S).

This is normal for MSN file transfers, as we support only the server-proxied
file transfer method.  We currently have no one interested in implementing the
peer-to-peer transfer methods who has the time to actually sit down and pound
out the code.

> Sometimes, the other side can't see my notice message that I will
> transmit the file.

This is a deficiency in Yahoo file transfer that should be fixed for Pidgin
2.6.0 when we release it.  There are quite a lot of Yahoo-related file transfer
improvements courtesy of a Google Summer of Code project from 2008.

For future reference, please e-mail support at pidgin.im instead of mailing an
individual developer directly; you'll have a better chance of getting a response
from a more knowledgeable developer.

John