Removing/Uninstalling Pidgin

John Moore 3rd jmoore3rd at Gmail.com
Thu May 7 16:35:30 EDT 2009

Daniel Atallah wrote:
> On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 4:02 PM, Doug Graham <kb7rky at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have the Pidgin program installed on my netbook. I'm sure it's a wonderful
>> IM utility, but I use another IM program that I am perfectly content with.
>> It would appear that I have to reformat my entire OS in order to remove
>> Pidgin from my computer (HP Mini 1110), due to my inability to locate a
>> non-existent uninstaller for this program.
>>
>> Please advise how to remove Pidgin from my system.
>
> Assuming you're on Windows and you have Administrator privileges, the
> standard Add/Remove Programs functionality in the Control Panel is how
> you can remove it.

If You do not have XP but instead the dumbed down version of Linux that
many Manufacturers pre-install in order to save expense and place less
stress on the Atom processor then the apt-get utility should also
provide an uninstall utility.  :-\

JOHN ;)
Timestamp: Thursday 07 May 2009, 16:35  --400 (Eastern Daylight Time)