transfering music files

Jana Lloyd jlloyd at tgn.com
Thu May 14 16:48:38 EDT 2009

I use AIM. The person I was sending music to was able to get a couple of the files, but not all. Not sure what he uses--Adium, on a Mac, but not sure what his protocol is. Bonjour? I couldn't get any of the files he sent me.

Also, I was able to send him pictures too.

Would I have to use a different protocol (not AIM) to send files? If so, can you recommend a good one for PCs?