smileys & audibles in Pidgin

Kevin Stange kevin at simguy.net
Tue May 26 01:13:21 EDT 2009

John Fink wrote:
> I know some people prefer them with no sounds, however is there a way to
> either enable sounds for smileys ala trillian, or to at least enable the
> buzz sound when someone sends the /buzz command in Yahoo Instant
> Messager?  I tried searching the list but didn't find anything.

There has been some intention to support more ways to notify users of
/buzz messages with an attention API but there isn't anything presently
available that does so.  We cannot support audibles from Yahoo without
flash player support which is not something we would like to depend upon
within Pidgin.