Downgrading Pidgin

Sascha Vogt FunkyFish at gmx.net
Wed May 27 10:12:38 EDT 2009

Hi,

Ethan Blanton schrieb:
> Sameer Bhiwani spake unto us the following wisdom:
>> I currently have Pidgin 2.5.1 and want to install 2.3.1 as it supports
>> connecting to multiple XMPP servers with the same login/password. Not sure
>> why this functionality was dropped int he newer releases.
>
> What do you mean, here?  Pidgin has never supported using the same
> user at host pair on more than one XMPP server, and all versions of
> pidgin support using differing user at host pairs on different XMPP
> servers.
I think there was a bug which allowed duplicate XMPP accounts with
different connect servers. This ticket (though not sure, if this is what
I remember being discussed on this list)
http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/5086 seems to be related...

To the OP: This never was a "functionality" but a bug, which has been fixed.

Greetings
-Sascha-